As we are part of a Primary Care Network, we have two clinical pharmacists (Yasmin Hoque and Victoria Cunningham) and a pharmacy technician (Andy Whittingham) working with us on alternate Thursdays. Their role within general practice is patient facing to provide clinical medicine leadership both in running pharmacist practice clinics and supporting general practice staff. They aim to:
- Undertake structured medication reviews for patients facing long term conditions to support patients with their medications to ensure they get the best use of their medicines
- Improve medicines optimisation and safety to reduce the risk and harm from poor use of medicines with the aim to reduce unplanned hospital admissions
- Improve antimicrobial stewardship prescribing in line with local and national guidance and recommendations
- Supporting care home residents formulating care plans to improve medicine management
- Manage minor ailments by undertaking differential diagnoses within my scope of practice and develop my diagnostic and clinical assessment skills to become a fully embedded clinician with the surgery
- Provide specialist advice to other pharmacist colleagues in other sectors
We have a paramedic practitioner also employed by our PCN who works at Rudgwick on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays. At the moment she is managing the assessment of minor illnesses.
|Mrs Susan Mckenzie (f)|
LLB (Hons), VN
Managing Partner (non clinical).
Susan originally studied law and trained as a solicitor, then decided to change career and worked as a manager at St George's Hospital in London. She then re-trained again and qualified as a veterinary nurse and worked for several years at an emergency clinic in London. She has worked in GP practice management for nearly 20 years. She is married to David (Senior Partner) and they have one daughter, a dog, a pony and several bikes.
Deputy Practice Manager and Dispensary Manager
|Mrs Deanne Marsh (f)|
Receptionist and dispensary assistant
|Mrs Cathryn Grimble (f)|
|Mrs Hannah Parsons (f)|
|Mrs Laura Burdfield (f)|
Secretary and Admin support
Secretary and Admin Support